Friday 13 August 2010

You are where you work



We moved in to the house in November and this was the first room I wanted to get sorted. It's been in a workable state since about February, but wasn't completely finished until now. It's a lot smaller than the studio space I used to rent, which was in an old converted mill, but it's so nice not having to go out to be creative- you can't beat working in your pj's!



Alexander Girard screen print from MoMA in NYC



(l-r) Little Red Riding Hood screen printed card (Pinecone + Chickadee), Henri Matisse postcard,
letter press print (Raa Raa Press on Etsy)



My notice board- a lot tidier than in the previous work space.



Obsessive compulsive order.




This was a birthday present a few years ago and it's never had a real home. It's now hanging from the door handle so every day when I walk in I walk past it. Written on the wings is a quote from Coco Chanel which reads 'If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them growing'. A lovely thought.


I'd chosen a lampshade from M&S and stupidly didn't buy it straight away. Of course when I went to buy one there weren't any left. Determined not to go home empty handed, I then spent the rest of the afternoon looking for something similar before buying this one which was completely different.


Pretty things

I love Muji, and when I saw this clear acrylic box I knew it would be a perfect place to keep all of my thread- the compartments are just the right size and I can easily find whatever I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment